It goes without saying that the image of your company is important. You wouldn’t turn up to a business meeting in your tracksuit bottoms and your ‘comfort’ hoody (well I hope not), so why under-dress your website and social media image? Especially when this is the first impression the majority of your potential customers or clients will have of you.
Your website is a shop window, imagine if all you saw in a shop window was a piece of paper with a paragraph telling you about all the amazing products inside. The first thought in most people’s minds would be “Why can’t I see the products for myself, there’s enough space in this window to display it. What are they hiding?”
1. Better website layout: One reasons more and more companies are choosing video is because their web designer has suggested it. A video embedded on the landing page of your website is aesthetically more appealing than just text and a picture.
2. You’re in control: When reading text on websites most people just browse over it, they find the information they want and skip over the sentences where you point out what makes your product or service unique. Video enables you to control the flow of information and order in which the viewer sees it.
3. Search Engine Optimisation: Also known as SEO. This is the process of organically building up a websites rank on search engines such as Google. According to Forrester Research websites with videos are 53 times more likely to receive an organic first-page ranking. YouTube is also the second biggest search engine after Google, by not having a video on YouTube your missing out on huge market. You wouldn’t actively choose to not have your company appear in Google so why choose not to appear in the second largest search engine on the Internet?
4. More content in less time: According to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research, watching a minute of video is the equivalent to reading 1.8 million words. Nobody has the time to sit and read 1.8 million words about your business, so let a short, snappy and sophisticated video do it in a minute.
5. It’s more Personal: When conversing with someone face to face, we look at a lot of different aspects, mainly their body language. We can read a lot from someone by just watching there mannerisms or picking up on their tone of voice. This is the same with video vs. reading a portion of text on a companies website. People will feel a lot more connected to your business when they see you’re not just a website, but actual people doing actual business, it validates your company.
6. Everyone else is doing it: Simple as that really. Everyone else IS doing it. Judging by YouTube’s statistics, there is a high demand for video content. If you don’t take advantage of that demand, your competitor will.
1. Cost: Professional Video Companies offer a completely bespoke service; no one video is ever the same. Some people can be surprised at how much a high quality video can cost and that can sometimes overshadow their need. Most companies should be able offer something for every budget.
2. Time: It’s true what they say, time is money, and we never have enough of it. It’s understandable that some people can be very wary about spending time on something that isn’t going to make any noticeable profit straight away. However a proper video company should be able to keep your involvement in the process as limited as possible, unless you want to be actively involved of course.
At this current time every man, woman and their smart phone has access to a camera and YouTube. Anyone can quickly shoot a video and upload it; probably in the same amount of time it may take you to read this blog.
So why then, would you pay someone to do this for you? Why should you take the time out of your already busy schedule to meet and pay a professional video company to do something you could potential do yourself?
So you have your own camera? I have my own pair of scissors in the draw below my desk, could I cut my own hair? Sure, I could give it a go; it would certainly save me money. Why would I when I can go down the road and have a professional who has studied and learnt their craft to do it for me? They would most certainly do a much better job and save me a hell a lot of time in the long run.
Well that’s exactly like a video company. They do this day in, day out. They know what works and what doesn’t work, they’ve learnt their trade and have probably already have made the same mistakes back in film school that you’re about to make shooting your own video, except your business and livelihood are at stake. A bad video can have the complete reverse effect and can do more damage than good to your companies reputation and image.
Have you got any upcoming video projects in mind? Let us translate your idea in to a video that people will be eager to share. Contact us today!